Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quest for Sanity

Today has been a day of varied emotions, spiritual warfare, and a quest for sanity.

First of all, the auditors are here. AGH! They'll be here about 4 weeks. yippee. I want to be an accountant because?????

Secondly, I found out a friend's grandfather passed away yesterday. We prayed for her Sunday as she was going to share with him how to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior. This causes me to think about my family, especially those who are not saved. We aren't a close family, unless someone hurts one of us, and then it's "Katie, bar the door!" I've prayed for my unsaved family members for so long that I get discouraged at times. Then God reminds me that their salvation is more important to Him than it is me. So I pray again.

Also, on my mind today is a the end of a friendship. We used to be so close, on the phone every day, with secret nicknames for each other. Now we hardly talk; it seems only when we have to. When did our friendship die? Was it a slow and painful death? My guess would be yes. If it's dead, then why does it still hurt? Dead men feel no pain.

I have to pretend that I am unaffected or otherwise I will be judged as over sensitive, too emotional, and confrontational. They say that it is more emotionally healthy to be honest, open, and transparent. Apparently, they weren't talking about those of us who are passionate redheads.

So what's a girl to do? I'll tell you what this sensitive, emotional, feisty redhead is going to do.

Run to Jesus!

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, [even] into his ears. Psalm 18:6

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Psalm 46:10-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home