Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Story Behind the Name


Hi ya'll

My Indian name is Red on Head. When I was a baby, two Indians tried to kidnap me in a store in Silver Springs, Florida. The humorous part is I had red (orange) hair, blue eyes, and very pale skin. I would NOT have fit in very well with the rest of the tribe. Security was alerted and I was found and returned to my parents. My friend Country Ham tells the story so much better than I. She gave me my Indian name.


Ironically, my great great grandmothers were both Native American Indians. One married an Irish man. I suppose I got my red hair from him.

Jesus forgave my sins and became the boss of my life when I was about 26 yrs old. My life has never been the same. I love Him!

That's how I got my name. More later. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm the first one ever to comment!!!

3/27/2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anagha said...

I simply love your blog! And thanks to you I'm actually blogging...if there is such a word!!

3/30/2006 7:25 AM  
Anonymous HolyMama! said...

what a story!

your parents must have been beside themselves. i cannot even imagine.

5/17/2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home