Monday, June 12, 2006

Let's be real

Trust in the Lord with all your heart...

Seek First the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness....

These are verses I keep hearing in sermons, advice from a friend, and in different daily devotionals.

The pastor gave an illustration about the grass in his yard. There's the good kind and then there are the weeds. He said he likes to walk around barefoot in his yard, pull out the weeds and replace the patches with good grass.

He asked," What is in your life that needs to be pulled out and replaced with things of the Lord?"

OUCH! That hurt!

Do I REALLY trust Jesus with every part of my life? The only way to know for sure is to try Him at His word. But I am afraid.

Why is it so hard for me to trust Him with all my heart concerning this one thing?

Why is it so hard for me to accept His "No" when it is what is best for me?

Why is it so hard for me to to be instantly obedient?

Delayed obedience is still disobedience.

Any words of wisdom or similar thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have no answers.

6/16/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home