Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Who needs brakes anyway???

Today I worked late. So late that the only cars in the parking area belonged to the cleaning crew. Once in drive my car made a horrible screaching sound, until I touched my brakes. I drove about half way up the driveway and stopped. The noise stopped. I drove toward the street passing a police officer and two cars pulled over in our driveway. Not sure who was getting the ticket. (Look out Leadfoot DL)

I turned right and went to the gas station on the corner so I could look under the hood. I saw the fan belt spinning, checked the fluids, made sure nothing was sticking out of my tires (that was a long short but I was grasping at straws).

I prayed!! Trying to respond in faith like Job.

About the time I was going to pick up the phone to call for help Queen called. I didn't even take time to ask what she needed. I started telling her about my car. Maybe God had her call me at that moment...maybe she was an answer to prayer. She called her dad and he said it is the brakes. Her husband agreed. So did "sdt" and my brother T who both returned my voice mail messages. Thunderchuck wasn't sure, thought maybe it was the fanbelt.

It was one of those times when everyone I knew wasn't out of town or in church or working at the hospital.

Who but God would send a pregnant, self-proclaimed Diva Queen to help me with my car trouble.

The majority think it's the brakes so I will be taking the car someplace tomorrow for a look-see. Hopefully, brakes are covered under the 3yr/36,000 miles warranty. If not, God will provide.

(Trying to respond in faith again Lord.)

Thank you God for your provision.

I will look to the hills whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

hee, hee. Diva Queen. That's me!

Now my car is acting up. I think your car gave my car a virus. ;-)

6/08/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

I know God will provide! I have no luck with cars usually. I've bought two lemons (but hey everything was covered under warranty.) I believe the car I have now though is gonna be a good one! (Trusting God!!) Have a good one, and thanks for your encouraging words on my site!

6/08/2006 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home