Sunday, July 30, 2006

Revival started early

Scheduled revival begins August 6. However, God has started early. Amen?! Our worship services today were just that....WORSHIP!! God was there in our midst in a mighty way. Personally, it was one of those services where everyone else around me seemed to almost disappear. In the presence of Jehovah...Just like the song we sang...It changes everything.

Anytime that revival is taking place in the life of a believer, the schemes and fiery darts of the devil increase. For at least the past two weeks, as soon as the services are over, the enemy shoots at me. I have been on the mountain top not expecting to be in a battle so soon. Maybe I drop my guard during worship.

At any rate, I need to pray on the armor and claim the power that raised Jesus from the grave as my own. I forget that He has given it to me so I feel defeated and helpless in the midst of the battle.

That's when I go to the bathroom to pray. You make think that's strange. However, there isn't a quieter, more private place to call upon the Lord for help. A lady in my office knows that there are times I go to the bathroom to pray. We sort of joke about it but it's real. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

God is faithful. He hears. He helps this poor woman out of all of her troubles. He loves me just the way I am.

I love Him!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

Great idea! I never really thought about it, but you're right, it's quiet in there! I pray that God keeps the revival fires burning at your church!

8/02/2006 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home